I love the crunch factor that granola can give to any breakfast, but I’ve always found it hard to find one that is not over-loaded with sugar.
So I made my own! This Gut Friendly Granola, loaded with plant-based variety instead in nuts, seeds, whole grains and delectable flavours. You can enjoy it without worrying about your waistline.
Serves 12 (1 serve = 1/3 cup)
Prep time: 2 minutes. Cook time: 15 minutes
1 ½ cups rolled oats
½ cup quinoa flakes
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup pecans (or 1/4 cup x 2 of your favourite nuts)
1/3 cup pepitas or sunflower seeds
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
¼ cup Manuka honey
2 Tablespoons tahini
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Greek yoghurt and fresh fruit to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Combine all wet ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well (you may need to use your hands if the Manuka honey is thick).
- Lay out on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake for 10-15 mins until golden brown (stir after 10 mins).
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Serve as a topper with Greek yoghurt and fresh fruit.