These are our most requested protein balls as they are not only delicious but packed with plant-based protein to help feed your gut and keep you full. Find this and other tasty recipes here: https://tghd.com.au/the-good-mood-diet/
Ingredients (makes 20)
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup whole rolled oats
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup raisins
2 tablespoons dried apricots, finely diced
2 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 desiccated coconut, extra
• Put the nuts, seeds and oats in the food processor and blend until coarse. Set aside.
• Blend the dried fruit until coarsely chopped. Combine with nut mixture.
• Blend the chickpeas, coconut and cinnamon, honey, water and vanilla extract to a smooth paste.
• Spoon chickpea mix into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Mixture should combine to form balls easily.
• Roll mixture into balls approximately the size of a walnut and roll in extra coconut.
• Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
Tip: For a healthy nut free lunchbox snack, swap nuts for an extra 1/2 cup of sunflower and pumpkin seeds