Chickpea Protein Balls
Ingredients (makes 20)
These chickpea protein balls are one of our favourite plant-based snack recipes. They are loaded with guilt-free goodness and are light and tasty.
Including chickpeas in the protein balls is a great way to get legumes into the kids and they can easily be adapted to be lunchbox friendly but substituting the nuts for seeds.
Protein is the key nutrient that helps us feel satisfied when we eat, so these little beauties tick all the boxes.
Chickpea Protein Ball Ingredients
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup raisins or sultanas
- 2 tablespoons dried dates
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, extra
Chickpea Protein Ball Method
- Put all dry ingredients in the food processor and blend until coarse. Set aside.
- Blend all wet ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Combine wet and dry mixture. Add extra water if needed for the right consistency.
- Roll mixture into balls approximately the size of a walnut and roll in extra coconut.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.